Monday

Freaking Tinnitus - prologue

I wonder what I wouldn't do... what I would do... what I could do... to stop the bloody siren in my head that is Tinnitus. Apparently it's common in ten percent of the population but only a small percent of those people's quality of life is affected by it. OOOh, I feel so lucky now! I'm one of the tortured few.

There is a line of thought that Tinnitus is the result of a deficiency or something you are putting into your body that you shouldn't. I think many conditions probably are. I believe that to some degree. I was always told as a kid that one day I would pay for not eating my greens. I would regret a diet of sugar and fats. I was hoping for a heart attack at 65... I thought that was a good pay off for all the KFC and coke I could eat and drink. Nah, I can't deal with that sort of guilt, that sort of regret. I know of very healthy people who suffer with Tinnitus.

It seems there are many other terrifying and deadly things that your body can do in revenge for poisoning it or 'whatever'. It puts up with a lot - our body - but it can only be pushed so far. It's amazing how amazing it is, but it's also amazing how many different things there are that can go wrong with it. I suppose we miss things more when we lose them. A blind person would probably swap his condition for deafness, and vice versa. I would chop off my legs for seven days of golden silence. I would give up chocolate and Coke if I was guaranteed it would heal my ears. I haven't the will power to give these things up for long enough to find out. Dammit. It's just so expensive to eat all the organic food that is needed (or not needed).

Eat all food raw... they must be organic... picked that week... not peeled... not cooked... no tap water... no sugar... no bad fats... you must stand on one foot while eating barley wheat... blah blah blah. If I'm going to live life with this freaking condition then I want to be able to sip on cold Coke while eating bbq chicken pizza. If I can't then it isn't living anyway.

No comments: